Monday, April 1, 2013

Sick Days

So, like I said in my Easter post, my sweet little Rhyker is sick. Last night he had a 102.1 temperature. I gave him a bath and tylenol to help bring down his fever. He went to sleep and when he woke up I repeated those same steps. 

After his afternoon nap I gave him more tylenol. I wiped his poor little nose and the snot was brown (sorry TMI) and his eyes were very watery and leaking fluids. After feeding him and letting the tylenol kick in for 20mins I decided to check his temperature. It hadn't gone down. Poor guy had a 102.6 temperature. He was a little ball of fire!

I gave the nurse hotline a call and they said to give him saline drops for his nose. (2 drops in each nostril, count to 20 and suck the snot out.) They also instructed me to continue with the tylenol every 4hrs and get a cool mist vaporizer for his room.

I just hope my baby will be feeling himself again soon. Until then, I have to get over my own little cold. We both got sick at the same time. Both woke up from a nap with it. :(

My nose thinks it's a waterfall and it's starting to do that oh so wonderful draining into my throat..can you say *COUGH COUGH*

I hate it! Here's for a quick recovery for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment